7 replies to this topic

#1 shmeb98

shmeb98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:43 PM

Planning on trying deyarmont Lake tomorrow. Any tips anybody can offer? Like what bait to use and where on the lake to fish. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 StripperGuide

StripperGuide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:53 PM

She is a tough lake in open water , how did you do?

#3 shmeb98

shmeb98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

Couldnt get to it. Tried every possible road that lead to it, you'd need a snowmobile to get anywhere near that Lake in the winter. It's It's shame that they stock and open the Lake in the winter when it's so difficult to get to.

#4 StripperGuide

StripperGuide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:15 PM

Its hard to fish tho , I fished it a handful of times threw the ice and never touched a trout . Could have been me tho lol, most times it is plowed as the are always cutting out there somewhere...You try Burnside end or Greenfield?

#5 shmeb98

shmeb98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:35 PM

I tried the Burnside end. I'll just have to wait for the ice to thaw and take the canoue I guess! It's a decent sized Lake and it must not get too much traffic because it's so out of the way, so i'm guessing there must be some good sized fish there!

#6 lsimms

lsimms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTruro area

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:03 PM

Hi. I've fished this lake for years in a boat :) It is a good sized lake and there are a few decent fish in it. But it's not as far out of the way as you may think, it sees quite a few boats during the season ;) Road is well traveled

#7 shmeb98

shmeb98

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

Hi. I've fished this lake for years in a boat :) It is a good sized lake and there are a few decent fish in it. But it's not as far out of the way as you may think, it sees quite a few boats during the season ;) Road is well traveled

good to know! How big have you caught them there? And do you just use worm or do you use lures (from a boat)

#8 lsimms

lsimms

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTruro area

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:15 AM

Well I haven't caught any monsters lol. Normal size for a lake I guess. 16" would be a monster there for me. I've caught them trolling worms, trolling flies/streamers. And just plain ole fly fishing. Probably not the best lake around but it is nice, although some days you need to take a # to park. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users