2 replies to this topic

#1 Bassman

Bassman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

Hi all, I just got a new job requiring travel to Collingwood, Ont for the next few months and I'm wondering if anyone out there has any info on river fly fishing for trout or salmon in the fall in the Collingwood/Blue Mountain/Wasaga Beach area.  I hear the Pacific Salmon should start running soon, not sure what species, I only heard this from a passer by.  Anyone know of any rivers in the area?  What species? Techniques? Regulations? They can share.  Any info would be appreciated

#2 Transplant

Transplant

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:10 PM

Steelhead and Chinook Salmon, you're in for a treat. Basically every single tributary of Georgian Bay will hold some gigantic trout and salmon. I'm not familiar with fly fishing techniques for them, but a lot of guys will use roe or beads that resemble roe, so I would suggest some glo bug flies or anything that resembles a single egg type of fly. Head for the rivers, you'll learn a lot by finding fishermen and seeing what they're doing. 

#3 Bassman

Bassman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:05 PM

Thanks Transplant, that is good new indeed!  So I guess your saying my 4wt fly rod might be a little small haha, 8wt it is !  Time to do some more research!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users