Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:10 AM

Hey Folks,

Does anybody have any information on the Pembroke River in Colchester County?

I have driven around the area and it looks "Fishy", but, I haven't tried fishing it. I was hoping somebody might have some information regarding species, spots to fish, techniques etc. Anyone fished it recently?

With the cost of gas I don't like making wasted trips and this one from Dartmouth would "suck" for nothing!

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#2 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

Friends,

Seriously, nobody is familiar with this river? It's a beautiful looking piece of water. I can't believe somebody hasn't tried it.

Or maybe it someones secret honey hole?

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#3 Swedgen

Swedgen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNorth River

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

I live in Colchester county but I don't even know where this river is.

#4 Terran

Terran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:07 AM

I live in Colchester county but I don't even know where this river is.

Swedgen,

The Pembroke River is just past Upper Stewiacke. Follow the Eastville Road (289) to the Stewiacke Crossroad. There you turn onto the Pembroke Road. The road follows the river pretty much. Check it out on Google Maps. Search: Pembroke Road, Colchester County, Nova Scotia. When you find it zoom in on the satellite image you'll see the Pembroke River. You can also find it in The Nova Scotia Atlas (50 V1). I also believe it's in the back of the Backroads Mapbook (think that's the name).

Maybe it's known as something different locally. It runs into the Stewiacke River. My Buddy and I scouted it (out of season) last year. Looks like it might be a really nice fly fishig stream but it's a long way to go for me. If I knew more about it (ie:species present or when to fish it) I might make the trip. Hate to spend the gas money on a wasted trip. (Even though any trip is worthwhile).

Hope that helps Swedgen. Thanks for replying.

Fish on!

Terran

#5 Hillbillyoutlaw

Hillbillyoutlaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:21 AM

I live about 1/4 mile from Pembrook river fish it every year, all I've ever caught is some trout, about 8 to 10 in" long.Nothing else that I know of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users