#1 raven4ns

raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

Has anyone fished or driven past these rivers lately, I was wondering what the water levels are like? Has anyone seen any May flies on the water, I was out a few days ago and there was stone flies present. Still nothing showing as far as trout, too cold I guess.

Tim

All the best

Tim

The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down....but how many times he gets back up

https://www.flickr.c...s/[email protected]/

#2 Sophia Grace

Sophia Grace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:10 AM

I'm one of them who didn't try Herbert & Meander Rivers yet because it looks dangerous but this is also a big fact. Herbert & Meander Rivers are good for fishing as some experts share their personal experience with Herbert & Meander Rivers.

#3 S Jollymore

S Jollymore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationHants County

Posted 29 March 2018 - 10:35 AM

Sophia, Past years I have fished both rivers and caught lots of trout, even had one of the rare in counters with a Fundy Salmon a year ago over at the bridge by Smileys park. Had it up to shore and let it go. My two daughters were biking the park, and I :D took the time to wet a line.Live 10min away.Have hooked sea trout in Kennecook, Meander, Herbert and St Croix rivers. Using a shad dart for gasperu and shad called the pink lady! All around Trout and shad,pickerel,smallmouth weapon. :o

#4 raven4ns

raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:18 PM

I was down to the South river on Sunday, was the water ever low. It was hard to believe given all the rain we've had. It wasn't a bad day though I managed to release 4 nice fat rainbows and 1 speckled trout. I lost a couple more rainbows so all in all not a bad day.

All the best

Tim

The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down....but how many times he gets back up

#5 raven4ns

raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 21 July 2019 - 12:16 PM

Hello,

I was out to these rivers yesterday and the water was really low. I managed to release 1 small trout and that was it. If anyone is considering fishing these rivers I would wait till there was a good rain to bring the water up considerably.

All the best

Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users