4 replies to this topic

#1 dave

dave

Admin

• Administrators
  • 551 posts
  • LocationBridgewater, NS

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

Hi all.  I received this notice by email from my good friend Mike Crosby and wanted to share it with you.  Details on this event can also be found on Facebook under "Aquaculture Reform Press Conference & Rally"

--------------

Hi Everyone:

We and the salmon need your support for an hour. Please read the notice below and let me know if you are able to attend. After the Press Conference there will be a lobster roll reception held for those that have time.

Please don’t forget to RSVP as we are trying to give the organizers an idea of how much support they can expect. Thanks and look forward to seeing you there. Mike

Please make plans to attend :  

A Press Conference and Rally in support of the Final Report of the Doelle –Lahey Independent Panel on Aquaculture Regulations .  

Why is this important ? 

It is a ground breaking Report which calls for major regulatory reform of the aquaculture industry in Nova Scotia from top to bottom . It is good and must be supported and implemented in its totality without delay . 

Where :  The Lord Nelson Hotel

When :  12 noon – Thursday, January 8th – one hour in duration

EVERYONE is encouraged to attend to demonstrate widespread public support for strong regulations governing this problematic industry ! 

Site Founder, Web Developer/Entrepreneur, and work from home Dad.
Listen to The Maritime Outdoorsman Podcast Show
Learn more about me at www.DaveDoggett.com

#2 Terran

Terran

To do nothing is unacceptable.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2726 posts
  • LocationHRM

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

Hey Dave,

I'd love to attend, however the health isn't the best. All I can do, right now, is assure you that if possible...I'll be there. If not...I'll certainly be there in heart.

Thanks for the information.

Terran

"In these sad and ominous days of mad fortune chasing, every patriotic, thoughtful citizen, whether he fishes or not, should lament that we have not among our countrymen more fishermen."  Grover Cleveland

#3 Shimanoman

Shimanoman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationWaverley, Nova Scotia

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

Dave

If possible, I, too will attend.  Hopefully some members of this site will feel it is important enough to attend as well.

Regards....

Life is too short, to take too much, too seriously, for too long ....Vernon P.Fraser

#4 Shimanoman

Shimanoman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationWaverley, Nova Scotia

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:45 AM

Wonderful turnout!!  Standing room only (and that too, was crowded!!)  Now, let's see how well this document is recieved and acted upon by our government.  It is a good first step in my opinion.  It doesn't outright ban open net finfish farming (which would be ideal but unrealistic) but it does create a regulatory framework within which it could be acceptable to most Nova Scotians.

Regards....

Life is too short, to take too much, too seriously, for too long ....Vernon P.Fraser

#5 fishing fanatic

fishing fanatic

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 907 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

A good turnout indeed. I was amongst those forced to stand. Hopefully good things will come from this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aquaculture, press, conference, halifax, atlantic, salmon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users