raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:31 AM

Hello,
Many years ago I was gifted with a bamboo salmon rod with a story behind it. The friend who gave it to me was in Newfoundland on vacation. He was watching this American sport salmon fishing, Jamie was not a fisherman but was enjoying watching this gentleman fish. After the chap called it a day, he and Jamie struck up a conversation and when the sport left he gave this rod to my friend.
I believe Jamie was over there sometime in the 1950's which is the closest timeline I have. Here is a description of the rod:
9', 3pc, 2 tip, fighting butt and had an LL Bean decal on it. It is in what I feel is the original green cotton sack and has a black leather rod case. The rod length and line weight are not displayed on the rod. I emailed LL Bean and called them to see if I could establish who might have made the rod for them but they never got back to me.
I was wondering if anyone on here might be able to hazard a guess as to who might have made it for LL Bean? By the looks of the rod it was a lovely rod in its day and must have been fished with pride by the owner. Any help would be most appreciated as to its lineage and whether I should consider getting it refurbished or if the cost of getting what seems to be cosmetic stuff would be more than is justified. Thank you.

All the best

Tim

The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down....but how many times he gets back up

https://www.flickr.c...s/[email protected]/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users