#1 raven4ns

raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:14 PM

Well I had quite an end to my fishing season. My Sage rod broke about 3" above where they join, this is the second Sage rod to break on me. The first one broke about 8" from the tip and they discounted the price on the one I have now. I wonder what they will do this time.
 I had to use my back up rod for most of the day, it's an inexpensive Browning rod. At about 5:45pm I hooked a salmon with it and landed it. While the salmon wouldn't make any record books it made my record book as the biggest fish to date. I'm not sure about weights but it was about 26"-28" approx, that was between the eyes of course...lol. What a time I had and what a display this fish put on. I wished someone had been there to enjoy it besides me. A hell of a way to end the season for a trout fisherman like me...lol.

Tim

All the best

Tim

The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down....but how many times he gets back up

https://www.flickr.c...s/[email protected]/

#2 RyanLandry

RyanLandry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Locationmississauga, Ontario

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Sage has lifetime warranty on their rods and blanks. Contact them to get a replacement section. There will be some fees involved, but you will have your rod back. What did you do with the first one you broke?

#3 raven4ns

raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:27 PM

I sent it in to them and they said it broke because of a nick, possibly a hook. 2 rods 2 breaks, I am not impressed but we shall see what they say.

Tim

All the best

Tim

The measure of a man is not how many times he gets knocked down....but how many times he gets back up

#4 Stradicman

Stradicman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationPictou Co.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:35 AM

Good to hear you had a good last day except for breaking a rod.Did the fish break it?I couldn't find one fish today but only got out for a few hour's.Fished Sutherlands river then ended my season on the west river.Perfect weather and perfect water but no fish in any of the pool's I fished.

#5 raven4ns

raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

No, Dave, I was sorting out a tangle at the tip and holding the rod in the middle and it snapped. I forgot to mention the rod I used was a 9' 5 weight and the fly was a #12 wooly worm. Even though I love trout fishing this was pretty spectacular.

Tim

All the best

Tim

#6 Bass_Slayer

Bass_Slayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:05 PM

So how do the populations look around this year?

#7 raven4ns

raven4ns

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:21 PM

The salmon were not plentiful based on conversations with other fishermen. I typically only fish trout but this year was so bad because of low water I got a salmon license to give me a little more time on the rivers. So I'm not the best one to ask about salmon populations.

Tim

All the best

Tim

#8 Salmotrutta1989

Salmotrutta1989

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationPictou county

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:41 AM

Not good id say, but I imagine theyre moving up now I think the water conditions might have held them back. I only saw one salmon this season compared to a 100+ last season.. I'm not an expert by any means on fishing them but I spend a lot of time observing them. Mostly been hearing the same thing from many fellow anglers I talked to as well.

#9 landlocked

landlocked

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

Fishing wasn't the best until the last week of the season. Once we got some water the fishing picked up. Had 1 hook up the last Sunday, had a good tug and seen 3 on the Monday, landed 2 and lost one on Tuesday, had a 4 fish day on Wednesday (had to leave the river lol which killed me!), landed 2 and lost one at my feet on Thursday, and landed 2 more on the last day. I imagine the rivers are full of them now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users