• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Glenn-BoB

Glenn-BoB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:07 PM

After my very unsuccessful trip to Labrador last year we are heading to Quebec this time. We will be in the Duplessis & Manicouagan Regions. Just wondering if anyone on here has experience fishing these regions and would you care to share some tips and locations for landing the bigguns.

Thanks.

GR

#2 ipop

ipop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

i fished Manic V and the rivers/streams that come down from it, along the labradour hwy. there were surprisingly few spots to fish along the hwy, and the opposite, to many places to fish manic v. i caught a couple nice brookies in the streams, my nephew caught 3 good pike on manic v but i found the fishing slow there - it's such a big piece of water, and you can only fish so much at a time, we needed another year or two to get the feel for it, it's that big!!!

not much help with where you are going, but i would do some research. getting licensed was so easy! we asked a cop and he took us right over to the nearest spot to buy one...across the street! lol. we also saw whales on the way there and back. memorable trip!

#3 Glenn-BoB

Glenn-BoB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

thanks, I'm finding it hard to find any info on fishing in Quebec tho. All I end up finding online are lodges or guides that want to charge me an arm and a leg. Can't find any real info on much else.

#4 Glenn-BoB

Glenn-BoB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:29 AM

ya so this fishing trip was about as successful as last years. This time it was my father with a blown out disk in his back and the weather was pretty extreme. Only caught a few brookies and a couple small Pike. The only spot we managed to get at Manicuagan Lake was very shallow with lots of debris to get caught up in. Most of the nice brooks and even the rivers were too far overgrown to get at. Won't make this trip again unless we have a boat. We heard they were taking some spectacular trout out of the lakes.

#5 Sharkin

Sharkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

We have fished the Manicuagan a few times and it is a massive piece of water,we have fished the whole way around small islands that would be 40 kms to get around.When you hit it at the right time and with alittle luck there is great fishing.

Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Sharkin

Sharkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:01 PM

Fished the Manicuagan area this year at the end of may.lots of great lake trout and speckies and no pike as the ice was just leaving the lakes.Weather was great tried
some new lakes again this year with great fishing.

#7 Sharkin

Sharkin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:50 PM

Made a trip to Manic 5 at the end of August for pike,many pike over 150 landed with the biggest being 46 inches.Weather was great average would of been 30 inches.

#8 Nemo

Nemo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationHalifax

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:34 PM

Really interested in making a trip to Manic this year, but not sure at all about licenses or limitations on where you can fish as they appear to have these fishing clubs that you need to get a pass from - does anyone know if it is as simple as just buying an out of province license (adhering to species seasons and catch limits of course).

Tks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users