dave

Admin

• Administrators
  • 551 posts
  • LocationBridgewater, NS

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:43 PM

Received this email over the weekend and wanted to share it with you all:

----------------------

Hello, My name is Ann Morrison and I belong to a volunteer group of dog lovers who have gotten together to help find lost dogs. Our Facebook Community Page, Nova Scotia Lost Dog Network, will help find lost dogs. We have great resources to help find lost dogs - information on what can be done immediately to bring dogs home. What we do best is put "eyes" out there searching for dogs by sharing information about your dog. We are dog lovers, enthusiasts, rescues, animal behaviourists, dog trainers, and we even have a tracking dog available at times. We are hoping you will join us on the Facebook Community Page: Nova Scotia Lost Dog Network so together we can bring lost dogs home. WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/NSLDN

Also, we have a simple web page that lists the lost and found dogs in Nova Scotia: www.novascotialostdognetwork.com. We us the internet to network and spread the word on lost dogs.... all across the province, whether lost in a city or town, or roaming the woods. After a lost dog is posted to our facebook page, it is immediately tweeted to twitter and an update is posted on all our members facebook walls. We have a flyer generator and will make a poster for a lost dog and keep in filed on the site. Then you can tell friends and family to come to the site and print off lost dog posters for their neighbourhood. Posters find lost dogs.

We are a free service and simply a volunteer run network bringing lost dogs home. I'm hoping you will share our information with your members... as we may help them some time in the future, or perhaps they can help us by joining us in spreading the word about lost dogs. We do not allow any kind of advertising on our sites, nor do we share our membership list in any way (we don't actually have a membership, just facebook "likes"... but wouldn't share if we could). We do not allow any kind of advocacy on the site as we are not about judging people on how or why their dog is lost, we are all about getting the dog home safe.

I thought it might be helpful for your organization to know about our network.

Thank you so much for your time.

Sincerely,

Ann Morrison
NSLDN

Facebook: www.facebook.com/NSLDN
email: [email protected]
twitter: @NSLostDogNet (follow us and retweet lost dogs)
Site Founder, Web Developer/Entrepreneur, and work from home Dad.
Listen to The Maritime Outdoorsman Podcast Show
Learn more about me at www.DaveDoggett.com

#2 trutta

trutta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

Thanks for sharing this great resource Dave.

#3 Barnacle

Barnacle

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

Great idea. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

cheers,

chuck

#4 zepp1964

zepp1964

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

great idea!

#5 Hardcore Angler

Hardcore Angler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSouth Shore

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

Right on. It's a good idea for sure. Nice to see a resource designed to help our four legged friends get in touch with there owners.

I found a dog about a couple years ago wandering in my yard on Canada Day. He must have been spooked by all the fire works.

We called the animal shelter to see if anyone reported a missing dog, no one did and they said they were kind of full. I didn't want to give him to them anyways as I didn't want to see him put down. We took pics and made flyers and put them up in the local stores and on lamp posts.

A week or so went by with nothing, but we finally got a call from the owners. He belonged to family with a young daughter and a young autistic son. They said their son and daughter were heartbroken when they lost the dog and asked if I wanted a reward or anything as they were relieved the dog was well cared for. I told them I wanted nothing in return, I only wish that someone would do the same thing for my dog if he got loose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users