#1 Bassman

Bassman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hey all

I was up to the South River (Antigonish) this spring a couple times and didn;t do nearly as well with the rainbows as I've done in the past few years.  Wondering if maybe it was just bad timing, bad fishing on my part :P or if there is some other reason?  Thinking of hitting it up this fall as well, where it's a 2hr drive for me anyone care to share a river report? Water levels, fish #'s ect. 

Thanks

#2 Stradicman

Stradicman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationPictou Co.

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

I don't think they did to much stocking of rainbows this year as they had a big kill off at the hatchery.I heard they stocked just brookies and that's all I caught when I fished it this spring.Water is very very low(lowest I have ever seen on pictou and antigonish rivers)

#3 Bassman

Bassman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:15 PM

I thought there was something going on. I only had good rainbow luck in 1 pool on 1 day and the rest fo the river was pretty much dead, except for the brookies as you mentioned. The remaining bow's must have schooled up and I got lucky.

Too bad to hear about the water levels, I guess I'll be waiting for some rain before making the trip.

Thanks for the update.

#4 Stradicman

Stradicman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationPictou Co.

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:27 PM

You did better then me.I think im going to end my season with 0 rainbows,7 browns and about 10 brookies which will make 2014 the worst trout season for me but there is just no water in the rivers.Unless we get a torrent of rain soon my season has ended and not even going to bother with fall salmon.At least im close to salt water and had a good mackerel season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users