Spastic Caster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada's Ocean Playground

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

Happy February,

Has anyone had any experience with beach fishing in Jamaica? We will be in the Negril/Lucea region for a week at the end of February and I would like to bring my surf caster with me. We are chartering Stanley's out of Negril for half a day to go deep sea fishing. Anyone experience that outfit before? When it comes to Caribbean surf casting I understand I might be best off using a small rod maybe hooked up with my Sabiki Rig to catch bait fish, then use the bait fish on the surf caster? I was wondering about artificial lures as well. Basically any info would be appreciated and I will update on my success or lack thereof upon my return.

Cheers in advance,

James

Thinking of Buying or Selling Real Estate? I am an expert in negotiating real estate transactions for my clients. If you have any questions, call me any time at 902.449.2029 and I will get you on the right track.

#2 Fishin fool

Fishin fool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Locationin hot water (N.S.)

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

Happy February,

Has anyone had any experience with beach fishing in Jamaica? We will be in the Negril/Lucea region for a week at the end of February and I would like to bring my surf caster with me. We are chartering Stanley's out of Negril for half a day to go deep sea fishing. Anyone experience that outfit before? When it comes to Caribbean surf casting I understand I might be best off using a small rod maybe hooked up with my Sabiki Rig to catch bait fish, then use the bait fish on the surf caster? I was wondering about artificial lures as well. Basically any info would be appreciated and I will update on my success or lack thereof upon my return.

Cheers in advance,

James

David M
Dartmouth, N.S.

#3 Fishin fool

Fishin fool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Locationin hot water (N.S.)

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

Try shrimp patterns on jig heads or a DOA Shrimp.
I have quite a selection brought up from Florida.
I could part w/ a few if interested.
Flassy spoons can work well in the rolling surf for spanish mackrel and cudas.Just beware of teeth.

Fish on!
David M
Dartmouth, N.S.

#4 Spastic Caster

Spastic Caster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationCanada's Ocean Playground

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

Try shrimp patterns on jig heads or a DOA Shrimp.
I have quite a selection brought up from Florida.
I could part w/ a few if interested.
Flassy spoons can work well in the rolling surf for spanish mackrel and cudas.Just beware of teeth.

Fish on!

Hi David,

Thanks for the kind words. I have next week off if you are interested in doing some ice fishing on those Dartmouth lakes. I have never done it before but just picked up enough gear for two. I am available days and a couple of late afternoons. Are you going to the meet and greet on the 19th? Perry is a fantastic host and accomplished fisherman and many of the fine people who contribute to the site will be there. Anyway, I would be most interested in meeting up with you and discussing fishing both home and away over if you are up to it.
Cheers,

James

Thinking of Buying or Selling Real Estate? I am an expert in negotiating real estate transactions for my clients. If you have any questions, call me any time at 902.449.2029 and I will get you on the right track.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users